Thursday, October 1, 2009

Nana's Laddybug Happy Birthday

If you are following the date and times on these post, you might be wondering how I am making them so fast. I actually made them and scanned them in August and September and have just gotten around to creating this blog so I have a backlog of over 45 original cards that will be appearing here in the near future. They are all original creations, or at least the combinations of products and the layouts are an original creation. I will try to document where the different parts originate from and construction issues as best as I reasonably can while I can still remember them.  If I get time, I may go back and edit these posts with more exact details on the title of the stamp set or the exact paper or ink color.

Now back to the cards....



The pink and green ladybug center strip comes from the Nana's Kids stack. The Happy Birthday sentiment is a clear stamp that has been stamped on the embossed line paper I used for the flower stripe card. The center strip is also mounted on that paper. Remember how I said that stamp was hard to use? Well this is where the paper that ended up with unreadable circles went. Finally, its mounted on a piece of Stamin' Up! pink card stock - that was the only pink I had that matched the ladybugs. The flower is out of a generic clear box of flowers I got from Oriental Trading. The flower center is just a big drop of glitter glue. The ink was a Tsenukio pearlescent ink. It was the only ink I could find that the clear Happy Birthday stamp would take. I love how you can see where you are stamping with them but all of the clear stamps seem to made from different materials and many of them seem to be ink phobic. It worked out in the end though. The ink I was forced to use gave the words a nice shimmer that really sets off the card when you see it in person. The bottom sentiment is a Stampin' Up! stamp inked with the same ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment