Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Green Flower Can Be the Perfect Accent


This card and the previous one share the same design inspiration. This one was designed around a different sheet of paper from the Nana's Kids stack though so it looks very different. The paper has a lot of pink in it, so the card background needed to become pink with white and green as the accent colors. The scanner didn't pick it up but the paper has a lot of glittered accents like the flowers and various clear vertical lines.

With the ladybug paper, I was trying to keep whole ladybugs visible. Because this paper was basically vertical stripes with flower accents, I didn't feel the need to keep as much of it visible even though it is very pretty paper and helps make the card. This allowed me to use a Happy Birthday stamp that had a lot more weight to it. Since that had more visual weight, I was able to use a larger green flower to add texture and dimension and bring out the green more. I have to honestly say I never thought I would find a use for the green flowers in this set but it really sets the card off and makes it a perfect blend of all the colors in the strip of Nana's Kids cardstock that I started with to make this card. The green flower came preshaded and preveined in a clear box of flowers from Oriental Trading. The Happy Birthday stamp was from a clear stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment