Tuesday, October 13, 2009

More Circus Animals

If you couldn't quite get a good look at the animals on the train in the previous two cards, here they are in large print. This was different paper but it's really inspired by the tools and stamps I already had out from making those. The light green here is the green I suggested using in place of the blue background paper on the simple train. The circle punch got used again but this time I punched a circle in the top layer to make a window. Next I stamped the image on vellum and let it dry and stamped it on white paper. You then take these two images and overlap them perfectly. This creates a softer looking image than you get with just white paper but a much bolder image than you get with just stamping on the vellum or white and adding the other layer without an image on it. Mount that in the window and then mount all that on the brown to hide the sandwich layers. I keep thinking the card is missing something but all the stars on the paper come pre-glittered and I don't want to cover up the mostly complete animal images that are left.

No comments:

Post a Comment